Table of contents
About this book
The second edition of this book serves both as an introductory and reference book focusing on the field of metastatic bone disease. Featuring contributions from experts in the field, this volume describes the molecular and cellular mechanisms involved in the formation of bone metastases, presents the newer advances made in the understanding of the clinical picture and symptoms of patients, analyses the role of bone markers in research and clinical practice and deals with all aspects of imaging modalities applied for the detection and evaluation of bone metastases.
Moreover, the use of all available treatment methods, such as radiotherapy, surgery and systemic treatments for the management of patients with metastatic bone disease is discussed in detail.
Overall this volume presents a thorough overview of all aspects of metastatic bone disease and provides a comprehensive and concise information resource for researchers, oncologists, orthopaedic surgeons and clinicians dealing with patients with metastatic bone disease.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-7569-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-94-007-7568-8
- Online ISBN 978-94-007-7569-5
- Series Print ISSN 1568-2102
- Buy this book on publisher's site