About this book
The California Current System is one of the best studied ocean regions of the world, and the level of oceanographic information available is perhaps only surpassed by the northeast and northwest Atlantic. The current literature (later than 1993) offers no comprehensive, integrated review of the regional fisheries oceanography of the California Current System.
This volume summarizes information of more than 60-year California Cooperative Oceanic Fisheries Investigation (CalCOFI). While providing a large bibliography, the intent was to extract themes relevant to current research rather than to prepare a compendious review of the literature.
The work presents a useful review and reference point for multidisciplinary fisheries scientists and biological oceanographers new to working in the California Current System, and to specialists wishing to access information outside their core areas of expertise. In addition it aims to deliver an up to date reference to the current state of knowledge of fisheries oceanography in the California Current System.
- Book Title Regional Fisheries Oceanography of the California Current System
- Book Subtitle The CalCOFI program
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-7223-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-94-007-7222-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-94-024-0241-4
- eBook ISBN 978-94-007-7223-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XX, 235
- Number of Illustrations 100 b/w illustrations, 84 illustrations in colour
Fish & Wildlife Biology & Management
Freshwater & Marine Ecology
Marine & Freshwater Sciences
- Buy this book on publisher's site