Table of contents
About this book
Like the ten preceding volumes in the series Tumors of the Central Nervous System, this book is distinguished for its comprehensive approach, its distinguished roster of some 93 contributors representing 8 different countries and its embrace of leading-edge technology and methods.
Volume 11: Pineal, Pituitary, and Spinal Tumors concentrates on the diagnosis, prognosis and therapy of four types of tumors, namely Glioblastoma, Meningioma, Schwannoma and Spinal Tumors. The book offers an in-depth survey of a range of new technologies and their applications to tumor diagnosis, treatment and therapy assessment.
The contributors explain in thorough detail a range of current and newly developed imaging methods, including molecular imaging and PET scan. Also covered is molecular profiling of brain tumors to select therapy in clinical trials of brain tumors. Discussion includes a review of such surgical treatments as resection and the application of non-invasive stereotactic radiosurgery for treating high-risk patients with brain metastasis. Additional discussion is devoted to tumor seeding.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-7037-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-94-007-7036-2
- Online ISBN 978-94-007-7037-9
- Series Print ISSN 2215-096X
- Series Online ISSN 2215-0978
- Buy this book on publisher's site