Table of contents
About this book
This volume offers a comprehensive survey and a close analysis of efforts to develop actionable climate information in support of vital decisions for climate adaptation, risk management and policy. Arising from submissions and discussion at the 2011 Open Science Conference (OSC) of the World Climate Research Program (WCRP), the book addresses research and intellectual challenges which span the full range of Program activities.
Some 1900 participants in the Conference, including 541 graduate students and early career scientists from 86 nations and more than 300 scientists from developing nations, were invited to provide comments on the papers, both before the conference and in themed daily plenary sessions. The resulting book incorporates the contributions of distinguished climate scientists as well as experts who use science-based climate information to formulate policy and initiate responsive action.
Climate Science for Serving Society: Research, Modeling and Prediction Priorities fosters a more effective dialogue between the climate information and knowledge developers – the research community – and decision makers who must respond to difficult adaptation, mitigation and risk management issues.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-6692-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-94-007-6691-4
- Online ISBN 978-94-007-6692-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site