Table of contents
About this book
The field of regenerative medicine has developed rapidly over the past 20 years with the advent of molecular and cellular techniques. This textbook, Regenerative Medicine: From Protocol to Patient, aims to explain the scientific knowledge and emerging technology as well as the clinical application in different organ systems and diseases. International leading experts from four continents describe the latest scientific and clinical knowledge of the field of regenerative medicine. The process of translating science of laboratory protocols into therapies is explained in sections on regulatory, ethical and industrial issues.
This textbook is organized into five parts: (I) Biology of Tissue Regeneration, (II) Stem Cell Science and Technology, (III) Tissue Engineering, Biomaterials and Nanotechnology, (IV) Regenerative Therapies and (V) Regulation and Ethics.
The textbook aims to give the student, the researcher, the health care professional, the physician and the patient a complete survey on the current scientific basis, therapeutic protocols, clinical translation and practiced therapies in regenerative medicine.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-5690-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-94-007-5689-2
- Online ISBN 978-94-007-5690-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site