About these proceedings
Functions of Natural Organic Matter in Changing Environment presents contributions from the 16th Meeting of the International Humic Substances Society (IHSS 16) held in Hangzhou, China on September 9-14, 2012. It provides a comprehensive and updated research advance in the field of characterization, function, application of humic substances (HS) and natural organic matter (NOM) in environment, agriculture, and industry. A broad range of topics are covered: i) formation, structure and characteristics of HS and NOM; ii) HS/NOM and carbon sequestration; iii) HS/NOM and biogeochemical cycling of nutrients; iv) HS/NOM and the environmental processes of toxic elements and anthropogenic organics; v) HS/NOM, naturally occurring and engineered nanoparticles; vi) HS/NOM, biodiversity and ecosystem health; vii) HS/NOM in water and water treatment; viii) characterization and function of biochar in the environment; and ix) industrial products and application of HS. The book will be an invaluable reference for chemists, biologists, environmental scientists, ecologists, soil scientists, water scientists, agronomists, global change researchers and policy makers.
Jianming Xu is Professor and Director at the Institute of Soil and Water Resources and Environmental Science, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China.
Jianjun Wu is Professor at the Institute of Soil and Water Resources and Environmental Science, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China.
Yan He is Associate Professor at the Institute of Soil and Water Resources and Environmental Science, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Functions of Natural Organic Matter in Changing Environment
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-5634-2
- Copyright Information Zhejiang University Press and Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-94-007-5633-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-94-017-7985-2
- eBook ISBN 978-94-007-5634-2
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXXII, 1149
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information Jointly published with Zhejiang University Press.
Soil Science & Conservation
- Buy this book on publisher's site