Table of contents
About this book
Metabolic engineering has been developed over the past 20 years to become an important tool for rational engineering of microorganisms. This book has a particular interest in the methods and applications of metabolic engineering to improve the production and yield of a variety of metabolites in microorganisms. The overall goal is to achieve a better understanding of metabolism in different microorganisms, and provide a rational basis to reprogram microorganisms for improved biochemical production.
This book brings together contributions from leading researchers at the cutting edge of these topics. The subject matter is divided into two sections. The first section deals with novel and emerging methods for redesigning microorganisms exploiting systems biology and gene regulation. The second discusses practical aspects of metabolic engineering for over production of a variety of valuable chemicals and materials by fermentation.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-5055-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-94-007-5054-8
- Online ISBN 978-94-007-5055-5
- Series Print ISSN 0306-0225
- Buy this book on publisher's site