About this book
Traditionally, design space exploration for Systems-on-Chip (SoCs) has focused on the computational aspects of the problem at hand. However, as the number of components on a single chip and their performance continue to increase, the communication architecture plays a major role in the area, performance and energy consumption of the overall system. As a result, a shift from computation-based to communication-based design becomes mandatory. Towards this end, network-on-chip (NoC) communication architectures have emerged recently as a promising alternative to classical bus and point-to-point communication architectures.
This book explores outstanding research problems related to modeling, analysis and optimization of NoC communication architectures. More precisely, we present novel design methodologies, software tools and FPGA prototypes to aid the design of application-specific NoCs.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-3958-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-94-007-3957-4
- Online ISBN 978-94-007-3958-1
- Series Print ISSN 1876-1100
- Series Online ISSN 1876-1119
- Buy this book on publisher's site