About this book
Since its birth, Model Theory has been developing a number of methods and concepts that have their intrinsic relevance, but also provide fruitful and notable applications in various fields of Mathematics. It is a lively and fertile research area which deserves the attention of the mathematical world.
-is easily accessible to young people and mathematicians unfamiliar with logic;
-gives a terse historical picture of Model Theory;
-introduces the latest developments in the area;
-provides 'hands-on' proofs of elimination of quantifiers, elimination of imaginaries and other relevant matters.
A Guide to Classical and Modern Model Theory is for trainees and professional model theorists, mathematicians working in Algebra and Geometry and young people with a basic knowledge of logic.
- Book Title A Guide to Classical and Modern Model Theory
- Series Title Trends in Logic
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-0812-9
- Copyright Information Kluwer Academic Publishers 2003
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4020-1330-0
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4020-1331-7
- eBook ISBN 978-94-007-0812-9
- Series ISSN 1572-6126
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XI, 371
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Mathematical Logic and Foundations
- Buy this book on publisher's site