About this book
The International Handbook of Jewish Education, a two volume publication, brings together scholars and practitioners engaged in the field of Jewish Education and its cognate fields world-wide. Their submissions make a significant contribution to our knowledge of the field of Jewish Education as we start the second decade of the 21st century.
The Handbook is divided broadly into four main sections:
- Vision and Practice: focusing on issues of philosophy, identity and planning –the big issues of Jewish Education.
- Teaching and Learning: focusing on areas of curriculum and engagement
- Applications, focusing on the ways that Jewish Education is transmitted in particular contexts, both formal and informal, for children and adults.
- Geographical, focusing on historical, demographic, social and other issues that are specific to a region or where an issue or range of issues can be compared and contrasted between two or more locations.
This comprehensive collection of articles providing high quality content, constitutes a difinitive statement on the state of Jewish Education world wide, as well as through a wide variety of lenses and contexts. It is written in a style that is accessible to a global community of academics and professionals.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title International Handbook of Jewish Education
Lisa D. Grant
- Series Title International Handbooks of Religion and Education
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-0354-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law Education (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-94-007-0353-7
- Softcover ISBN 978-94-017-8085-8
- eBook ISBN 978-94-007-0354-4
- Series ISSN 1874-0049
- Series E-ISSN 1874-0057
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXVI, 649
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Religion and Education
Religious Studies, general
Educational Policy and Politics
- Buy this book on publisher's site