About this book
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Bringing Schools into the 21st Century
Dianne M. Gut
- Series Title Explorations of Educational Purpose
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-0268-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law Education (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-94-007-0267-7
- Softcover ISBN 978-94-007-3509-5
- eBook ISBN 978-94-007-0268-4
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVI, 260
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Learning & Instruction
Teaching and Teacher Education
- Buy this book on publisher's site
Bringing Schools into the 21st Century is an excellent overview of current educational reform initiatives and a roadmap for the immediate future of educational change.
Duncan Waite, Texas State University, USA
Bringing Schools into the 21st Century advances progressive educational thought into the new millennium. It does so by asking how education should prepare students for meaningful, creative, and productive futures.
David J. Flinders, Indiana University, USA
Bringing Schools in the 21st Century is a thorough and thoughtful analysis of the emerging impact of information and communication technologies throughout the world, impacting literally every aspect of our lives. With the significant shift into the knowledge age, the authors challenge readers to engage in a redesign of education to more adequately prepare future citizens for success in this evolving, technological world.
Margaret L. Niess, Oregon State University, USA