Table of contents
About this book
This volume offers a unique reflection on the historic and contemporary influence of the New Approaches to International Law (NAIL) movement within the context of Europe and America. In particular, the contributions focus on the intellectual product of NAIL's founder, David Kennedy, in relation to three legal streams: human rights, legal history, and the law of war. On the one hand, the volume is valuable reading for a broad audience interested in the current challenges facing global governance, and how critical studies might contribute to innovative intellectual and practice-oriented developments in international law. On the other hand, stemming from a 2010 seminar in Madrid that brought together scholars to discuss David Kennedy's scholarship over the last three decades, the contributions here are a testament to the community and ideas of the NAIL tradition. The volume includes scholars from a wide field of legal interests and backgrounds.
Professor José María Beneyto is Director of the Institute for European Studies at CEU San Pablo University Madrid, Spain. Professor David Kennedy is Director of the Institute for Global Law and Policy at Harvard Law School, Cambridge, USA.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-90-6704-879-8
- Copyright Information T.M.C. ASSER PRESS, The Hague, The Netherlands, and the author(s) 2013
- Publisher Name T.M.C. Asser Press, The Hague, The Netherlands
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law Law and Criminology (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-90-6704-878-1
- Online ISBN 978-90-6704-879-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site