Table of contents
About this book
In higher education institutions across the globe, there is a growing interest in integrating classroom learning with experience in practice settings. This interest is the result of an increased emphasis on courses that prepare students for specific occupations in the hopes that upon graduation students will be job-ready.
Developing Learning Professionals: Integrating Experiences in University and Practice Settings explores how the integration of student experiences across university and practice settings might best be used to produce college graduates who are adept, critical practitioners. To do so, it draws on the findings of a series of projects in Australia that investigated diverse aspects of work-related learning. Through these projects, a range of scholars and researchers consider different aspects of this educational initiative within the same national higher education context. They address pedagogic and curriculum practices, institutional arrangements and partnerships of varying kinds, and a consolidated set of perspectives.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-90-481-3937-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
- Print ISBN 978-90-481-3936-1
- Online ISBN 978-90-481-3937-8
- Series Print ISSN 2210-5549
- Series Online ISSN 2210-5557
- Buy this book on publisher's site