Table of contents
About this book
This book provides a comprehensive overview of the approach to retroperitoneal sarcomas, rare and challenging tumors requiring highly specialized, multidisciplinary management. Based on an updated review of the literature and drawing on the expertise of respected authors, it analyzes key topics – such as pre-operative work-up and staging, multimodal therapy, multi-organ resection, surgical complications and management of local recurrence and advanced disease – as well as several other debated issues.
Presenting surgery as the cornerstone in the treatment of this disease, the book serves both as a guide for non-expert physicians wishing to understand the best management of RPS patients, including the need to refer them to specialized centers, and as a state-of-the-art overview for surgeons with interest in sarcoma surgery.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-88-470-3980-3
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Italia S.r.l., part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Milano
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-88-470-3979-7
- Online ISBN 978-88-470-3980-3
- Series Print ISSN 2280-9848
- Series Online ISSN 2281-0854
- Buy this book on publisher's site