Table of contents
About this book
The primary goal of the book is to present the ideas and research findings of active researchers such as physicists, economists, mathematicians and financial engineers working in the field of “Econophysics,” who have undertaken the task of modeling
and analyzing systemic risk, network dynamics and other topics.
Of primary interest in these studies is the aspect of systemic risk, which has long been identified as a potential scenario in which financial institutions trigger a dangerous contagion mechanism, spreading from the financial economy to the real economy.
This type of risk, long confined to the monetary market, has spread considerably in the recent past, culminating in the subprime crisis of 2008. As such, understanding and controlling systemic risk has become an extremely important societal and economic challenge. The Econophys-Kolkata VI conference proceedings are dedicated to addressing a number of key issues involved. Several leading researchers in these fields report on their recent work and also review contemporary literature on the subject.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-88-470-2553-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Italia 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Milano
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-88-470-2552-3
- Online ISBN 978-88-470-2553-0
- Series Print ISSN 2039-411X
- Series Online ISSN 2039-4128
- Buy this book on publisher's site