Table of contents
About these proceedings
Since the year 2000, we have witnessed several outstanding results in geometry that have solved long-standing problems such as the Poincaré conjecture, the Yau–Tian–Donaldson conjecture, and the Willmore conjecture. There are still many important and challenging unsolved problems including, among others, the Strominger–Yau–Zaslow conjecture on mirror symmetry, the relative Yau–Tian–Donaldson conjecture in Kähler geometry, the Hopf conjecture, and the Yau conjecture on the first eigenvalue of an embedded minimal hypersurface of the sphere. For the younger generation to approach such problems and obtain the required techniques, it is of the utmost importance to provide them with up-to-date information from leading specialists.
The geometry conference for the friendship of China and Japan has achieved this purpose during the past 10 years. Their talks deal with problems at the highest level, often accompanied with solutions and ideas, which extend across various fields in Riemannian geometry, symplectic and contact geometry, and complex geometry.
53CXX Kahler manifold Riemannian manifold minimal submanifold symplectic manifold
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-4-431-56021-0
- Copyright Information Springer Japan 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Tokyo
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-4-431-56019-7
- Online ISBN 978-4-431-56021-0
- Series Print ISSN 2194-1009
- Series Online ISSN 2194-1017
- Buy this book on publisher's site