About this book
The appearance of weakly wandering (ww) sets and sequences for ergodic transformations over half a century ago was an unexpected and surprising event. In time it was shown that ww and related sequences reflected significant and deep properties of ergodic transformations that preserve an infinite measure.
This monograph studies in a systematic way the role of ww and related sequences in the classification of ergodic transformations preserving an infinite measure. Connections of these sequences to additive number theory and tilings of the integers are also discussed. The material presented is self-contained and accessible to graduate students. A basic knowledge of measure theory is adequate for the reader.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-4-431-55108-9
- Copyright Information Springer Japan 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Tokyo
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-4-431-55107-2
- Online ISBN 978-4-431-55108-9
- Series Print ISSN 1439-7382
- Series Online ISSN 2196-9922
- Buy this book on publisher's site