Table of contents
About this book
This book deals with one of the most novel advances in mathematical modeling for applied scientific technology, including computer graphics, public-key encryption, data visualization, statistical data analysis, symbolic calculation, encryption, error correcting codes, and risk management. It also shows that mathematics can be used to solve problems from nature, e.g., slime mold algorithms.
One of the unique features of this book is that it shows readers how to use pure and applied mathematics, especially those mathematical theory/techniques developed in the twentieth century, and developing now, to solve applied problems in several fields of industry. Each chapter includes clues on how to use "mathematics" to solve concrete problems faced in industry as well as practical applications.The target audience is not limited to researchers working in applied mathematics and includes those in engineering, material sciences, economics, and life sciences.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-4-431-55060-0
- Copyright Information Springer Japan 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Tokyo
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-4-431-55059-4
- Online ISBN 978-4-431-55060-0
- Series Print ISSN 2198-350X
- Series Online ISSN 2198-3518
- Buy this book on publisher's site