About this book
In recent years, the field of information and communication technology has started to change dramatically. Carriers are threatened by high revenue losses requiring them to identify new revenue potentials beyond their core business. Targeted advertising can be one of these revenue opportunities. Christian Schlee provides a broad overview of the latest developments and trends in targeted advertising in the ICT space. The author focuses on the technological aspects of targeted advertising, but also covers business and legal aspects. He analyzes the most interesting use cases in the Web, IPTV, the mobile environment, and in converged scenarios and examines important technological key building blocks.
· Types of Targeting, Definition of Advertising Formats
· Targeted Advertising Use Cases in Web, IPTV, Mobile and Converged Environments
· Key Building Blocks: Generic Targeted Advertising Platform, Identity Management Issues, Recommendation Technologies
· Business and Legal Aspects
· Researchers and students in ICT, engineering, business administration with technological background
· ICT engineers, new media experts, advertising professionals with technological background
Christian Schlee studied business administration and electrical engineering at Darmstadt University of Technology and Information and Communication Technologies at Ecole Centrale de Lyon. He works for a large European telecommunication provider with a special focus on IPTV topics.