About this book
The 10th International Workshop on Intelligent Statistical Quality Control took place in Seattle, USA, Aug 18-20, 2010. It was hosted by Professor C. M. Mastrangelo, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle. The workshop was jointly organized by Professors H.- J. Lenz, C. M. Mastrangelo, W. Schmid and P.-T. Wilrich. The twenty-seven papers in this volume were carefully selected by the scientific program committee, reviewed by its members, revised by the authors and, finally, adapted for this volume by the editors.
The book is divided into two parts: Part I "On-line Control" covers fields like control charting, monitoring and surveillance as well as acceptance sampling. Part II "Off-line Control" is devoted to experimental design, process capability analysis and data quality.
The purpose of the book is on the one hand to provide insights into important new developments in the area of statistical quality control – especially surveillance and monitoring – and on the other hand to critically discuss methods used in on-line and off-line statistical quality control.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Frontiers in Statistical Quality Control 10
- Series Title Frontiers in Statistical Quality Control
- Series Abbreviated Title Frontiers in Statistical Quality Control
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-7908-2846-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2012
- Publisher Name Physica, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-7908-2845-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-7908-2846-7
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVIII, 416
- Number of Illustrations 71 b/w illustrations, 57 illustrations in colour
Statistical Theory and Methods
Statistics for Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Chemistry and Earth Sciences
Quality Control, Reliability, Safety and Risk
- Buy this book on publisher's site
From the book reviews:
“This edited volume contains affluence information, a one-stop shop. … All the chapters are self-contained, in a sense. The volume showcases many useful topics and procedures for practitioners and researchers alike in the arena of statistical quality control. The book can also be served as a reference book. The papers in the volume are presented in an intuitive and appealing manner, giving the volume an accessible and wider readership.” (S. E. Ahmed, Technometrics, Vol. 55 (3), August, 2013)