About these proceedings
Advances in Architectural Geometry is a symposium presenting both theoretical and practical work linked to new geometric developments applicable to architecture.
This symposium aims to gather the diverse components of contemporary architectural trends which push the building envelope towards free form, and which respond to these design challenges with a renewed mathematical rigor.
A research section of 26 papers is preceded by an interview with Frédéric Migayrou (Deputy director of the Musée National d’Art Moderne, Centre de Création Industrielle – Pompidou Centre), where he explores the larger context of free-form architecture with respect to contemporary architectural design and the last two centuries of structural engineering.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-7091-1251-9
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Wien 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Vienna
- Print ISBN 978-3-7091-1250-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-7091-1251-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site