About this book
The book treats four mathematical concepts which play a fundamental role in many different areas of mathematics: symbolic sums, recurrence (difference) equations, generating functions, and asymptotic estimates.
Their key features, in isolation or in combination, their mastery by paper and pencil or by computer programs, and their applications to problems in pure mathematics or to "real world problems" (e.g. the analysis of algorithms) are studied. The book is intended as an algorithmic supplement to the bestselling "Concrete Mathematics" by Graham, Knuth and Patashnik.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-7091-0445-3
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag/Wien 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, Vienna
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-7091-0444-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-7091-0445-3
- Series Print ISSN 0943-853X
- Buy this book on publisher's site