About these proceedings
Geometry lies at the core of the architectural design process. It is omnipresent, from the initial determination of form to the final construction.
Modern geometric computing provides a variety of tools for the efficient design, analysis, and manufacturing of complex shapes. On the one hand this opens up new horizons for architecture. On the other, the architectural context also poses new problems for geometry. The research area of architectural geometry, situated at the border of applied geometry and architecture, is emerging to address these problems. This volume, presenting the papers accepted at the 2010 Advances in Architectural Geometry conference in Vienna, reflects the substantial progress made in this field. The interdisciplinary nature of architectural geometry is reflected in the diversity of backgrounds of the contributing authors. Renowned architects, engineers, mathematicians, and computer scientists present novel research ideas and cutting-edge solutions at the interface of geometry processing and architectural design.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Advances in Architectural Geometry 2010
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-7091-0309-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag/Vienna 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Vienna
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-7091-0308-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-7091-0309-8
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages , 242
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Basics of Construction
- Buy this book on publisher's site