Table of contents
About this book
"Power Plants with Modular High-Temperature Reactors" introduces the power plants driven by modular high-temperature gas-cooled reactors (HTR), which are characterized by their inherent safety features and high output temperatures. HTRs have the potential to be adopted near demand side to supply both electricity and process heat, directly replacing conventional fossil fuels. The world is confronted with two dilemmas in the energy sector, namely climate change, and energy supply security. HTRs have the potential to significantly alleviate these concerns. This book will provide readers with a thorough understanding of HTRs, their history, principles, and fields of application.
The book is intended for researchers and engineers involved with nuclear engineering and energy technology.
HTR High Temperature Gas-Cooled Reactor Modular High Temperature Reactor Nuclear Energy Nuclear Power Plant nuclear reactor safety nuclear waste
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-57712-7
- Copyright Information Tsinghua University Press, Beijing and Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Energy Energy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-662-57710-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-57712-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site