Table of contents
About this book
This book offers a comprehensive introduction to the theory of structural dynamics, highlighting practical issues and illustrating applications with a large number of worked out examples. In the spirit of “learning by doing” it encourages readers to apply immediately these methods by means of the software provided, allowing them to become familiar with the broad field of structural dynamics in the process.
The book is primarily focused on practical applications. Earthquake resistant design is presented in a holistic manner, discussing both the underlying geophysical concepts and the latest engineering design methods and illustrated by fully worked out examples based on the newest structural codes. The spectral characteristics of turbulent wind processes and the main analysis methods in the field of structural oscillations due to wind gusts and vortex shedding are also discussed and applications illustrated by realistic examples of slender chimney structures.
The user‐friendly software employed is downloadable and can be readily used by readers to tackle their own problems.
Eurocode 8 Seismic Hazard Seismology Site Effects Structural Dynamics Earthquake Design Silo and Tank Design Industrial Facilities Masonry Structures Gust Wind Response Vortex Resonance Spectral Analysis Eurocode 1 Part 1-4
- Book Title Structural Dynamics with Applications in Earthquake and Wind Engineering
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-57550-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-662-57548-2
- eBook ISBN 978-3-662-57550-5
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages XII, 552
- Number of Illustrations 304 b/w illustrations, 124 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information Originally published by Ernst & Sohn Verlag, Berlin, 2000
Building Construction and Design
Geotechnical Engineering & Applied Earth Sciences
- Buy this book on publisher's site