About this book
This work provides an enormous contribution to the broad effort of modeling heat, mass and momentum transport in multi-physics problems with the development of new solution approaches. It re-visits the time-honored technique of network application using flow network solutions for all transport process components for a coupled modeling task. The book further provides as formulation of the conservation laws for mass, energy and momentum, specifically for the branches and nodes of transport networks using the combination of the Eulerian and Lagrangean modeling methods. With the extension of Bernoulli’s original concept, a new solution is given for the flow field of viscous and compressible fluids as driven by the balance of mechanical energy, coupled to the thermodynamics of the transport system. Applicable to simple or large-scale tasks, the new model elements and methods are built on first principles.
Throughout the work, the book provides original formulations, their mathematical derivations as well as applications in a numerical solution scheme.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-52931-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-662-52929-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-52931-7
- Series Print ISSN 1860-4846
- Series Online ISSN 1860-4854
- Buy this book on publisher's site