Table of contents
About this book
This book offers comprehensive information on the fundamentals and applications of ionic-liquid-based aqueous biphasic systems, which have predominantly (and successfully) been employed as alternative platforms for the extraction, separation and purification of diverse high-value products. The book consists of an initial introduction providing a brief overview, from fundamentals to applications, followed by nine chapters addressing the respective phase diagrams (interpretation and characterization) and remarkable examples of their applications. It also includes two final chapters focusing on recent developments in the search for more environmentally-benign and biocompatible ionic-liquid-based aqueous biphasic systems, and on the progress made to date concerning the recovery, recycling and reuse of the phase-forming components, the goal being the development of cost-effective and sustainable processes. The book offers an interesting and useful guide for a broad readership in the fields of green chemistry, biotechnology, chemical engineering, and biochemistry, among others.
Mara G.Freire is a Coordinator Researcher at CICECO - Aveiro Institute of Materials, Chemistry Department, University of Aveiro, Portugal.
Aqueous biphasic system Extraction of biomolecule Lonic liquid Phase diagram Phase-forming components Extraction of natural phenolic compounds Benign and biocompatible ABS Extraction of metals Surfactant self-assembly
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-52875-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science Chemistry and Material Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-662-52873-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-52875-4
- Series Print ISSN 2196-6982
- Series Online ISSN 2196-6990
- Buy this book on publisher's site