About this book
This book demonstrates how an improved strategic management approach, leveraging established management concepts in conjunction with the innovative technology solutions offered by business intelligence, can lead to better performance. It presents the three main barriers to effective strategy execution and explains how they can be overcome. Creating a shared understanding of the strategy at all levels of the organization using a Value ScorecardTM and following the Strategic Alignment ProcessTM allow organizations to measure and monitor performance. Strategic Alignment Remote ControlTM is presented as the ultimate tool for managers to remain in control of their business.
Seven case studies from different industries across the globe provide examples of how the organizational performance can be improved. They include companies like Daimler, Tetra-Pak, Würth, Germany's Federal Employment Agency, the city of Aix-Les-Bains, and Giesecke & Devrient. Additional examples from organizations like Disney, Marriott, Volkswagen, Avis, FedEx, and Harrahs help to demonstrate how applying the concepts introduced adds unique value.The second edition of this book has been updated and improved. Additionally it includes a separate section on decision-making under uncertainty and the results of a survey on the adoption of business intelligence.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-47923-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Business and Management
- Print ISBN 978-3-662-47922-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-47923-0
- Series Print ISSN 2192-8096
- Series Online ISSN 2192-810X
- Buy this book on publisher's site