About this book
This book describes useful analytical methods by applying them to real-world problems rather than solving the usual over-simplified classroom problems. The book demonstrates the applicability of analytical methods even for complex problems and guides the reader to a more intuitive understanding of approaches and solutions.
Although the solution of Partial Differential Equations by numerical methods is the standard practice in industries, analytical methods are still important for the critical assessment of results derived from advanced computer simulations and the improvement of the underlying numerical techniques. Literature devoted to analytical methods, however, often focuses on theoretical and mathematical aspects and is therefore useless to most engineers. Analytical Methods for Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow Problems addresses engineers and engineering students.
The second edition has been updated, the chapters on non-linear problems and on axial heat conduction problems were extended. And worked out examples were included.
- Book Title Analytical Methods for Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow Problems
- Series Title Mathematical Engineering
- Series Abbreviated Title Mathematical Engineering
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-46593-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-662-46592-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-662-49608-4
- eBook ISBN 978-3-662-46593-6
- Series ISSN 2192-4732
- Series E-ISSN 2192-4740
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages XXII, 310
- Number of Illustrations 93 b/w illustrations, 1 illustrations in colour
Engineering Fluid Dynamics
Engineering Thermodynamics, Heat and Mass Transfer
Mathematical and Computational Engineering
- Buy this book on publisher's site