About this book
This book demonstrates how to describe and analyze a
system's behavior and extract the desired prediction and control
algorithms from this analysis. A typical prediction is based on observing similar
situations in the past, knowing the outcomes of these past
situations, and expecting that the future outcome of the current
situation will be similar to these past observed outcomes. In
mathematical terms, similarity corresponds to symmetry, and
similarity of outcomes to invariance.
This book shows how symmetries can be used in all classes of algorithmic problems of
sciences and engineering: from analysis to prediction to control.
Applications cover chemistry, geosciences, intelligent control,
neural networks, quantum physics, and thermal physics.
Specifically, it is shown how the approach based
on symmetry and similarity can be used in the analysis of real-life systems, in the
algorithms of prediction, and in the algorithms of control.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-44955-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-662-44954-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-44955-4
- Series Print ISSN 2198-4182
- Series Online ISSN 2198-4190
- Buy this book on publisher's site