About this book
This book focuses on the low-carbon technologies presented at the Expo 2010 in Shanghai, covering the utilization and application of renewable energy, new-type low-carbon technologies, low-carbon construction, water treatment, waste disposal and low-carbon transportation, etc. It brings together and analyzes data collected from the Expo site in connection with several aspects ranging from the initial planning and design, pavilion construction, and operational management, to concept demonstrations, with selected sample businesses and a summary at the end of each section. The author hopes that people around the world who long for an even better urban life will lend their support to the future development of low-carbon technologies. This book offers a valuable resource for researchers, professionals and graduates in the fields of low-carbon and environmental protection.
Wenhua Xi is currently the Director-General of UNIDO International Solar Energy Center, Director-General of the Asia-Pacific Research and Training Center for Solar Energy, and Director-General of Gansu Natural Energy Research Institute.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-44357-6
- Copyright Information Shanghai Scientific and Technical Publishers, Shanghai and Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Energy
- Print ISBN 978-3-662-44356-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-44357-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site