About these proceedings
This book presents advances in state-of-the-art solution methods and their applications to real life practical problems in optimization, control and operations research. Contributions from world-class experts in the field are collated here in two parts, dealing first with optimization and control theory and then with techniques and applications.
Topics covered in the first part include control theory on infinite dimensional Banach spaces, history-dependent inclusion and linear programming complexity theory. Chapters also explore the use of approximations of Hamilton-Jacobi-Bellman inequality for solving periodic optimization problems and look at multi-objective semi-infinite optimization problems, and production planning problems.
In the second part, the authors address techniques and applications of optimization and control in a variety of disciplines, such as chaos synchronization, facial expression recognition and dynamic input-output economic models. Other applications considered here include image retrieval, natural earth satellites orbital transfers, snap-back repellers, and modern logistic systems.
Readers will learn of advances in optimization, control, and operations research, as well as potential new avenues of research and development. The book will appeal to scientific researchers, mathematicians and all specialists interested in the latest advances in optimization and control.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-43404-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-662-43403-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-43404-8
- Series Print ISSN 2194-1009
- Series Online ISSN 2194-1017
- Buy this book on publisher's site