About this book
Many mechanics and physics problems have variational formulations making them appropriate for numerical treatment by finite element techniques and efficient iterative methods. This book describes the mathematical background and reviews the techniques for solving problems, including those that require large computations such as transonic flows for compressible fluids and the Navier-Stokes equations for incompressible viscous fluids. Finite element approximations and non-linear relaxation, augmented Lagrangians, and nonlinear least square methods are all covered in detail, as are many applications.
"Numerical Methods for Nonlinear Variational Problems", originally published in the Springer Series in Computational Physics, is a classic in applied mathematics and computational physics and engineering. This long-awaited softcover re-edition is still a valuable resource for practitioners in industry and physics and for advanced students.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-12613-4
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 1984
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-3-662-12615-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-12613-4
- Series Print ISSN 1434-8322
- Buy this book on publisher's site