About this book
Multi-grid methods are the most efficient tools for solving elliptic boundary value problems. The reader finds here an elementary introduction to multi-grid algorithms as well as a comprehensive convergence analysis. One section describes special applications (convection-diffusion equations, singular perturbation problems, eigenvalue problems, etc.). The book also contains a complete presentation of the multi-grid method of the second kind, which has important applications to integral equations (e.g. the "panel method") and to numerous other problems.
Readers with a practical interest in multi-grid methods will benefit from this book as well as readers with a more theoretical interest.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-02427-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1985
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-05722-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-02427-0
- Series Print ISSN 0179-3632
- Buy this book on publisher's site