In this book Carola Normann-Tschampel develops an enhanced understanding of the relevance of Value-Based Management (VBM) to management practice in Mittelstand. A theory-practice gap is identified based on a unique overview of the field of research. The empirical investigation focuses on three specifically identified areas of management (strategic decision-making, objectives, attitudes) and uses a specific research approach. The insights gained from taking an interpretive stance towards owner-managers’ practical experience provide a valuable basis to further address the overall research gap.
- Identification of three key topics and research gaps in the literature on VBM in Mittelstand
- Framework for the evaluation of the role of VBM in Mittelstand
- Use of management tools in strategic decision-making
- Specific objectives and nuances in the overall target course
- Understanding of and attitudes towards VBM
- Scholars and students of business administration, strategic management, and managerial accounting, who are interested in Mittelstand
- Specialists and executive staff in the field of management control, strategy, and managerial accounting, especially from Mittelstand
About the Author
Dr. Carola Normann-Tschampel has academic and practical experience with a focus on managerial accounting and Mittelstand. She currently holds a position as managerial accountant in an internationally active Mittelstand company and works as a visiting lecturer.