About this book
This textbook offers a personal perspective on the broad and complex topic of corporate strategy. The book is structured to follow the journey of systematic corporate strategy development and implementation.
“Corporate Strategy” presents frameworks and concepts for strategy development that have proven to be useful in corporate practice. The book covers the fundamental questions of daily strategy work and illustrates them with examples from real companies. It addresses all key elements of corporate strategy in a clear and systematic way:
• Corporate portfolio analysis• Corporate growth and portfolio strategy
• Managing and transforming the corporate profile• Corporate parenting strategy and organization
• Corporate financial strategy• Corporate strategy process
The book serves not only as a practice-oriented textbook for students and teachers of corporate strategy, it also functions as a sophisticated handbook for practitioners who are responsible for developing and implementing effective corporate strategies.
Prof. Dr. Ulrich Pidun is director at Boston Consulting Group (BCG) in Frankfurt, Germany, global topic leader for corporate strategy and fellow at the BCG Henderson Institute. He advises large international companies on their corporate-level strategy, governance and organization. In addition to his work at BCG, Ulrich Pidun serves as honorary professor for corporate strategy at Technical University of Berlin, Germany. His research interest is in corporate-level strategy, portfolio management, growth strategies and corporate planning.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-25426-1
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Business and Economics (German Language)
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-25425-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-25426-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site