About this book
Logistics providers typically own large fleets of transportation vehicles such as rail cars or trucks. These fleets do not only determine to a large extent the service level the company can offer, but also make up a large part of total costs. Proper management of the fleet is therefore a crucial factor for these companies.
In this book the author presents planning approaches that address the optimal management of vehicle fleets. Firstly, methods for determining the mixture of vehicle types and the optimal size of a fleet are developed. Secondly, approaches for supporting new service models such as customer segmentation are derived.
Potential readership includes scholars and graduate students who are interested in the field of fleet planning and practitioners from logistics companies looking for new planning approaches.
Rental Systems Optimization Queuing Loss Theory Cargo Vehicle Logistics provider
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-24313-5
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, part of Springer Nature 2007
- Publisher Name Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-24312-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-24313-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site