Riema Abdunnur gives insight into publications focusing on performing violinists, particularly on those suffering from CMD, subsequently providing a better understanding to the unique work conditions of violinists, and enhancing diagnosis and therapeutic results by practitioner dentists. Moreover, the analysis of the included papers aims to reveal what exactly was studied in violinists regarding to CMD, and how far manual medicine was included there. The conclusion of the author is, playing violin could be classified as a potential factor associated with CMD in violinists. More researches that take the interdisciplinary collaboration between dental and manual medicine into special account are recommended.
- Biomechanical Aspects of Violin Playing
- Muscular Activity while Playing the Violin
- Radiological Findings
- Diagnosis, Therapy, and Prevention
- Scientists and students in the field of dentistry, chiropractic medicine, physiotherapy, and musical education
- Practitioneers in these fields
About the Author
Riema Abdunnur did her research studies at Medical University of Innsbruck, Austria.