Table of contents
About this book
Andrey Kolesnikov proposes an interesting unified approach and corresponding tools for modelling and effective generation of realistic workloads and traffic in networks. As a result of the general applicability in IP-based networks, the outcome of his research can be used for different service interfaces in combination with various workload models and modelling techniques. His work is both broad and deep in focus in order to demonstrate the application of the proposed approach in different realistic scenarios.
- Overview of the State of the Art in Workload Modelling and Generation
- A Formal Workload Description Technique
- Load Models for Voice, Video, and Web Traffic Sources
- Architecture of the Unified Load Generator
- Traffic Generation at Network (IPv4), Transport (TCP/UDP), and Application (HTTP) Service Interfaces
- QoS Measurements for Video Streaming in WLANs
- Lecturers and students in computer science, especially computer networks, multimedia communication, performance evaluation
- Internet and/or application service providers (ISPs/ASPs), telecoms, network researchers, developers of new network and distributed application services, QoS engineers, network administrators and operators
Dr. Andrey Kolesnikov defended his PhD thesis in computer science at the University of Hamburg in 2017. His major research interests include multimedia communication, performance evaluation, load modelling and traffic generation in computer networks.
Computer Networks Performance Evaluation Load Generation Traffic Generation Load Generator Traffic Generator