About this book
Melanie Holloway explores a cloud broker offering service level agreement negotiation and monitoring as a service to consumers. She proposes a negotiation mechanism, which enables the achievement of economically efficient agreements, and an approach for reliable consumer side availability monitoring in conjunction with strategies for robust monitor placement. The author addresses the loss of control of consumers over critical aspects, specifically quality of service, when using services from the cloud. Basically, the cloud computing paradigm places the responsibility for resource management on the provider side. Hence, the control over cloud service performance is very limited on the consumer side.
- Basic System Design of the Cloud Broker
- Pareto-Efficient Negotiation Mechanism
- Reliable Consumer Side Availability Monitoring
- Exact Optimization Approach and Heuristics for Robust Monitor Placement
- Lecturers and students in the field of computer science and business administration
- Practitioners in the field of cloud computing and IT business
Melanie Holloway did her studies in joint computer science and business administration at Technische Universität Darmstadt and received her Ph.D. degree from the Multimedia Communications Lab (KOM) of Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ralf Steinmetz. Currently, she is working as an IT business analyst at a German credit reporting agency.
Service Level Agreements Quality of Service Optimization Brokerage Probing Tabu Search