Table of contents
About this book
This book is dealing with past, current and future change processes in European, Northern American as well as Australian cities and urban regions, and with the challenges they pose to a resilient urban development. Additionally, contributions deal with potential transformations of urban and regional development and related planning and governance approaches. It is referred to three dominant concepts on how it can be dealt with long-term or surprising and also sudden disastrous change, with an overweight on resilience.
- Past, current and future change processes and their consequential challenges to urban and regional development
- Empirical as well as theoretical-conceptual reference to vulnerability, resilience and transformation as the dominant concepts on how it can be dealt with long-term or surprising and also sudden disastrous change; overweight on resilience
- Resilient development in urban regions of Europe, Northern America and Australia and potential transformations
- scientists, practitioners and stakeholders from different disciplines and contexts working in urban and regional development and focusing especially on change processes in urban contexts and how to deal with their challenges
- scientists, students and further scholars who are interested or involved in the ongoing debates on resilience and transformation, here with the prevailing reference to the future development of urban regions
Dr. Sonja Deppisch, HafenCity University Hamburg, involved in research on resilience in urban and regional planning and development since 2009.