About this book
Torsten M. Kühlmann and Ramona Heinz developed this guideline in reference to a European project designed to analyze the overall situation of skilled immigrants. They show that the management of a workforce which is comprised of people from diverse cultural backgrounds is a challenge for small and medium-sized companies. In particular, the challenge is not only to find but also to integrate and retain immigrant workers and to use their potential to a full extent. This guideline has been developed in order to meet these challenges. It has a special focus on small to medium-sized organizations and sets out to give an introduction to the topic of “managing cultural diversity” and “integrating highly skilled immigrants.”
- Why Tackle Cultural Diversity?
- What Does Cultural Diversity Management Involve?
- How to Hire and Relocate Employees from Abroad
- How to Integrate Immigrant Employees
- How to Create a Positive Diversity Climate
- How to Evaluate Cultural Diversity Management
- Researchers and students in the fields of human resource management and international management
- Top management, HR management, and executives in small and medium-sized organizations
Torsten M. Kühlmann is full professor of business administration in the Department of Law, Economics and Business Administration, University of Bayreuth, Germany.
Ramona Heinz is a research assistant at the Bayreuth Research Institute for Small and Medium Sized Organizations e.V. at the University of Bayreuth.
Immigrants International Manual Qualified Staff Integration