About this book
Attila Jaeger develops an application which notifies a vehicle’s driver of upcoming road weather dangers. This application maps the information evaluated by in-vehicle sensors in order to draw conclusions on the current weather condition. Comprehensive data basis is gained by sharing information with other vehicles using Car-to-X communication. In order to prove usability of the presented approaches, the developed application and selected concepts are implemented and deployed within the context of large scale Car-to-X field operational trials simTD and DRIVE C2X. Car-to-X communication is considered as the next major step towards a significant increase in road safety and traffic efficiency.
- In-Vehicle Road Weather Hazard Detection
- Calculations with Rectangles
- Mobility Data Verification
- Driver Notification Strategies
- Reference Implementations
- Evaluation Results
- Lecturers and Students of Informatics, especially in the Field of Application Development for Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks and Distributed Weather Detection
- Practitioners Working in the same Field
Attila Jaeger completed his doctoral thesis at the Integrated Circuits and Systems Lab, Technische Universität Darmstadt, under the supervision of Prof. Dr.-Ing. Sorin A. Huss.
Field operational Test (FoT) Vehicular ad-hoc Network (VANET) Mobile Sensor Networks Traffic Efficiency Road Safety Operative Prüfdaten Mobile Fahrzeug-Netze Mobile Sensor-Netzwerke Straßenverkehrseffizienz Verkehrssicherheit