About this book
Carolin Loos introduces two novel approaches for the analysis of single-cell data. Both approaches can be used to study cellular heterogeneity and therefore advance a holistic understanding of biological processes. The first method, ODE constrained mixture modeling, enables the identification of subpopulation structures and sources of variability in single-cell snapshot data. The second method estimates parameters of single-cell time-lapse data using approximate Bayesian computation and is able to exploit the temporal cross-correlation of the data as well as lineage information.
- Modeling and Parameter Estimation for Single-Cell Data
- ODE Constrained Mixture Modeling for Multivariate Data
- Approximate Bayesian Computation Using Multivariate Statistics
- Researchers and students in the fields of (bio-)mathematics, statistics, bioinformatics
- System biologists, biostatisticians, bioinformaticians
Carolin Loos is currently doing her PhD at the Institute of Computational Biology at the Helmholtz Zentrum München. She is member of the junior research group „Data-driven Computational Modeling“.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-13234-7
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2016
- Publisher Name Springer Spektrum, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-13233-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-13234-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site