About this book
Christian Fürber investigates the useful application of semantic technologies for the area of data quality management. Based on a literature analysis of typical data quality problems and typical activities of data quality management processes, he develops the Semantic Data Quality Management framework as the major contribution of this thesis. The SDQM framework consists of three components that are evaluated in two different use cases. Moreover, this thesis compares the framework to conventional data quality software. Besides the framework, this thesis delivers important theoretical findings, namely a comprehensive typology of data quality problems, ten generic data requirement types, a requirement-centric data quality management process, and an analysis of related work.
- Data Quality and Semantic Technology Basics
- Data Quality in the Semantic Web
- Architecture and Evaluation of the Semantic Data Quality Management Framework
- Researchers and students in the fields of economics, information systems and computer science
- Practitioners in the areas of data management, process management and business intelligence
Dr. Christian Fürber completed his doctoral study under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Martin Hepp at the E-Business and Web Science Research Group of the Universität der Bundeswehr München. He is founder and CEO of the Information Quality Institute GmbH, a company that consults organizations of any size to improve the quality of their data.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-12225-6
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2016
- Publisher Name Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Business and Management Business and Management (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-12224-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-12225-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site