About this book
This book explains techniques that are essential in almost all branches of modern geometry such as algebraic geometry, complex geometry, or non-archimedian geometry. It uses the most accessible case, real and complex manifolds, as a model. The author especially emphasizes the difference between local and global questions.
Cohomology theory of sheaves is introduced and its usage is illustrated by many examples.
Topological Preliminaries - Algebraic Topological Preliminaries - Sheaves - Manifolds - Local Theory of Manifolds - Lie Groups - Torsors and Non-abelian Cech Cohomology - Bundles - Soft Sheaves - Cohomology of Complexes of Sheaves - Cohomology of Sheaves of Locally Constant Functions - Appendix: Basic Topology, The Language of Categories, Basic Algebra, Homological Algebra, Local Analysis
Graduate Students in Mathematics / Master of Science in Mathematics
About the Author
Prof. Dr. Torsten Wedhorn, Department of Mathematics, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-10633-1
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2016
- Publisher Name Springer Spektrum, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-10632-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-10633-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site