About this book
Sebastian Burchhardt develops a game theory model that analyzes the possible behavioral patterns of employees during M&A processes and the impact of such patterns on the success of the transaction itself. The result is the development of a principal-multi-agent model that allows for endogenous contest entry driven by identity. In addition, the model proposes guidance for practical M&A management.
- Identity and Competition in an Organizational Context
- The Social Identity Approach in Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions
- Identity-Driven Contest with Endogenous Entry
- Identity-Driven Group Contest with Endogenous Entry
- Implications of the Basic Model
- Implications of the Extended Model for M&A
- Researchers and students in the fields of mergers & acquisitions, microeconomics and organization theory
- Practitioners in these areas
Dr. Sebastian Burchhardt completed his doctoral studies under the guidance of Prof. Dr. Peter-J. Jost at the Chair of Organization Theory at WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management in Vallendar.