Table of contents
About this book
The scholarly contributors to this volume investigate various means to stimulate and facilitate reflection on new social relations while clarifying the contradictions between religious and social affiliation from different perspectives and experiences. They explore hindrances whose removal could enable Muslim children and youth to pursue equal participation in political and social life, and the ways that education could facilitate this process.
- Muslims in Europe
- Citizenship Education
- Religion and Citizenship Education
- Values and Citizenship Education
Researchers and students interested in Public, Academics-Education, Religious and Migration Studies
Dr. Ednan Aslan is Chair of the Institute for Islamic Studies and Islamic Religious Education at the Center for Teacher Education at the University of Vienna.
Dr. Marcia Hermansen is Director of the Islamic World Studies program at Loyola University Chicago where she teaches courses in Islamic Studies and Religious Studies as a Professor in the Theology Department.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-08603-9
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2015
- Publisher Name Springer VS, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law Social Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-08602-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-08603-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site