About this book
Diederich Bakker develops a comprehensive planning process that can guide brand manufacturers in assessing the internal and external environment. The step-by-step planning process includes strategies to thoroughly audit brand portfolios and to review an organisation’s brand management capabilities. The planning process aides brand manufacturers in assessing product categories and in determining retailers for their suitability as cooperation partners. The proposed Vertical Brand Portfolio Management is based on the principles of brand portfolio strategy assigning clear roles for all brands including private labels. Instead of fighting the retailer products brand manufacturers are encouraged to cooperate with retail partners by offering vertically integrated brand portfolios. Based on numerous international case studies, the author offers brand manufacturers and retailers practical tools to consider collaborations in the production and management of private labels.
- Brand Manufacturer Responses to Private Labels
- Step-by-Step Planning Process for Vertical Brand Portfolios
- Lecturers and students of Economics with a focus on Business Strategy, Brand Management and Retailing
- Brand managers of fast moving consumer goods, category managers of retail organisations, private label manufacturers
Diederich Bakker has a professional background in advertising and received his doctorate from the University of Oldenburg. He teaches branding, advertising and digital marketing courses in the Netherlands.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-08221-5
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2015
- Publisher Name Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Business and Economics Business and Management (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-08220-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-08221-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site