About this book
Financial analysts provide information in their research reports and thereby help forming expectations of a firm’s future business performance. Thus, it is essential to recognize analysts who provide the most precise forecasts, and the accounting literature identifies characteristics that help finding the most accurate analysts. Tanja Klettke detects new relationships and identifies two new determinants of earnings forecast accuracy. These new determinants are an analyst’s “general forecast effort” and the “number of supplementary forecasts”. Within two comprehensive empirical investigations she proves these measures’ power to explain accuracy differences. Tanja Klettke’s research helps investors and researchers to identify more accurate earnings forecasts.
· Analysts’ general forecast effort as forecast accuracy determinant
· Impact of forecast effort on analysts’ career prospects
· Analysts’ issuance of supplementary forecasts as forecast accuracy determinant
· Academics and students in the fields of finance and accounting
· Financial analysts, professional capital market investors, and anyone who is interested in analysts’ earnings forecasts
Dr. Tanja Klettke received her doctoral degree from the University of Cologne under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Carsten Homburg (Department of Business Administration and Management Accounting).